|GoodViewTM Nucleic Acid Stain
GoodViewTM is a new nucleic acid stain, an alternative to the traditional ethidium bromide (EB) stain for detecting nucleic acid in agarose gels. It emits green fluorescence when bound to DNA or RNA. This new stain has two fluorescence excitation maxima when bound to nucleic acid, one centered at 268 nm and another at 294 nm. In addition, it has one visible excitation at 491 nm. The Fluorescence emission of GoodViewTM bound to DNA is centered at 530 nm.
1. Prepare 100 ml of agarose gel solution (concentration from 0.8~3%) in a 250 ml flask and mix it thoroughly. Place the flask in the microwave, heat it until the solution is completely clear and no small floating particles are visible (about 2~3 minutes).
2. Add 2-5ul of GoodViewTM to the gel solution. Swirl the flask gently to mix the solution and avoid forming bubbles.
3. While the gel solution cools, pour it into the gel tray until the comb teeth are immersed about 1/4~1/2 into the gel solution.
4. Allow the agarose gel to cool until solidified. Load samples on the gel and perform electrophoresis.
5. Detect the bands under UV illumination.
|Store at 4℃ for 2 years